Monday, June 7, 2010

my crochet marathon...


I'm still working on my crochet blanket. 
I do hope it will not end up as a ten years project. 
But gosh, it sure takes a lot of time! 


In a few weeks time we will visit our family in the Netherlands for a few weeks. I'm really looking forward to that! It has been two years since I saw them. It will be great to be able to give them all a big hug soon!

Unfortunately the flight takes about 22 hrs!!! Oh, and I hate flying...yuck.
And as sleeping is no option for me I decided to do a 22 hrs during crochet marathon in the plane! 
Add another 22 hrs for the flight back and my blanket must be ready!

Fingers crossed I can smuggle my crochet hook into the plane. Luckily I do have a wooden one as well!


Wednesday we'll get the keys for the new home. I'm so excited! I have sleepless night remembering what it looked like again and oh believe me, I have redecorated the house about a hundreds of times in my mind! I drive myself (not to mention boyfriend) crazy!


I used this beautiful fabric to make these canvasses and the cushion for the new home.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

5 comments:

  1. Well have a nice stay in Holland! And with your crochet needle in the plane the time fly's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ik laat mijn haaknaald altijd zien bij de handbagage check als ik voor mijn werk naar UK vlieg en heb hem nog nooit achter hoeven laten, dus ik zou zeggen dat je de meeste kans maakt als je het vooraf eerlijk laat zien. succes en heel veel plezier !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hihi, ja ik was ook niet van plan heel erg stiekum over mijn haaknaaldje te doen. Ik heb begrepen dat het over het algemeen een niet al te groot probleem is om deze het vliegtuig in te krijgen. Bedankt voor het advies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh spannend na 2 jaar weer je familie te zien. Dat zal echt helemaal geweldig worden.Een groot feest. Wij komen (gelukkig) regelmatiger in NL maar dan nog is het altijd hel erg leuk om weer terug te gaan.
    Goed idee om je kleedje af te gaan maken in het vliegtuig. Had er eigenlijk helemaal niet bijstilgestaan dat ze moeilijk zouden kunnen doen over een haaknaald!
    Fijne week Monique
    Groetjes Michaja

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love the colors of your crochet blanket. LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete